User Privacy Statement
We have drafted this Privacy Statement to inform you about how we use data about you when you use our services.
We are Intelligent Positioning Limited (with software product Pi Datametrics) (“we”, “us” or “Intelligent Positioning”).
Our registered office address is at 36 Frederick Place, Brighton, BN1 4EA, United Kingdom. Our company number is 6253300 and our VAT number 918098203.
1. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, process and use information about you. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, you means any user who uses any of the services that we offer, including visitors to our website, users of Pi Datametrics, our enterprise SEO platform, and any other Services we may offer from time to time (collectively, “Services”). This Privacy Statement applies to all users, including those users who use the Services via their employer or another company.
2. This Privacy Statement applies to all of the information that we collect through our Services, irrespective of the type of Services or the device on which you access the Services.
3. We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time to clarify or amend our privacy practices. If we make a material change to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you either by email, notice on or through the Services, or in some other way. Your continued use of the Services constitutes your acceptance of the updated Privacy Statement.
1. The personal data we collect about you depends on the Services you use. For example, if you are the primary account holder for your company and use Pi Datametrics, the data we collect about you would be different than what we collect about a user who only accesses the software.
2. If you register as a user of any of our Services, we may ask you to provide your name, email address, contact telephone number (landline and/or mobile), the company you work for, your address, a username and password and other information relevant to the Services we provide. If you are not an administrative user for your account, the same information about you may be provided by a colleague or other third party. We may also collect other information directly from you, from time to time.
3. Depending on your account type, we may collect payment information from you in order to take payment for our Services.
4. If you contact our support services, we will collect the information we need to categorise your question and respond to it. We also use this information to track potential issues with our Services and customize our support responses to better serve you.
5. We collect information about you when you use any part of our Services. For example, if you are logged in to your Pi Datametrics account, we will collect information as to how often it is used, what queries are created or amended, what search terms are looked at, what insights you save and other information about how you interact with Pi Datametrics. We may also collect information about how you respond to messages we send to you.
6. We collect information about the device you use to access our Services, including operating system details, web browser type, your mobile device identifier and mobile operating system, and the name of your ISP or mobile carrier. We may also collect your location information if your device permits this.
7. We also infer information about you based on the information you have provided or made available to us. This may include personalizing your experience of using our Services, suggesting different Services, you may be interested in trying, or other inferences about you.
8. We are constantly trying to improve our Services for you. This means that we are introducing new features, regularly.
3. USING YOUR INFORMATION
1. We combine information about you across our different Services. We use information and content that you and other users provide or make available to us, to provide the Services to you and our other customers. We also use such information to conduct research and development for the improvement of our Services so that we can provide all of our users with a better experience.
2. We share information with our affiliates (meaning legal entities controlled by, controlling, or under common control with us) as reasonably necessary to provide the Services.
3. We communicate with you in writing, via email, or other means available on or through the Services (for example, via insights in Pi Datametrics). We may communicate transactional or service messages to you, such as welcoming you to our Services or informing you of scheduled downtime. We may also send you marketing communications, on our own behalf or on the behalf of third parties. Marketing communications may be sent to you even if you do not have an account if you have indicated to us that you wanted to receive such communication. In respect of marketing communications, you can opt out of receiving future communications in the footer of each email we send to you. You cannot opt out of receiving transaction or service messages from us.
4. ACCURACY, RETENTION, SECURITY AND YOUR RIGHTS
1. We will retain personal information about you for as long as it is reasonably necessary for us to provide the Services.
2. We may transfer your personal information to, and store it in, a country other than your own. That country may not provide the same level of data protection as your own country.
3. We have implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your personal information, including industry-standard encryption technology.
4. In accordance with applicable law, you may:
a. request access to the personal information we have about you and request that it be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked;
b. request that we refrain from further use of any personal information we hold about you; or
c. object to our creation of profiles about you.
5. To exercise these rights, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at the address listed at the top of this document.
6. Please note that we cannot always delete records of all historical data. For example, we are required to retain certain records for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
Last Updated 10 February, 2016.